A Palanca for Kat's Confirmation
Dear Kat, GOD loves you and holds a special place for YOU!
Your confirmation as a Catholic is the next formal step in your religious life. However, know that the evolution of your personal faith and spirituality in an infinite , fluid and wonderful road. One that I urge you to think-about, plan and work-upon as seriously as you would your career, your education and your human relationships! It is the essence of your relationship with God and through your belief in Him, it is your guide in this lifetime of decisions and actions.
Here are some ideas I strive to live by and hopefully they will appeal to you and you will practice them in your life:
- Always remember that there is a God. No matter what is going on in the world and how little sense it sometimes makes, KNOW that He is in charge of this His beautiful world and He will accomplish whatever He wishes.
- Use God's guidance in your life. God's revelation was sent to you and me for a reason. So understand it, reason with it, critically think about it and then use it in your life, everyday. Whenever you are faced with decisions and are looking for answers, refer to God's words and find the answers and your path forward.
- Be grateful to God. He has given you everything you asked for and so much more. If you were to try to count his favors upon you, you would not be able to enumerate them all.
- Be Patient in your belief. God will give you what you need but not everything you want or ask for. When you don't get what you ask for be patient and its wisdom will be revealed to you in time. When you do get what you want, know that its not free, so use it responsibly as He would like you to.
- Make this your way of life. Religion, belief and prayer are not separate from daily living. Infuse them into every action mundane or interesting, into every relationship simple or magical and into every thought inspirational or routine.
- Do the right thing. Its not always the easy thing to do but to choose and to enjoin the GOOD is incumbent upon you.
- Embody the change you seek in the world. As you walk through your life you will find things you wish were different. Change the world but start with yourself. Change agents and enablers such as yourself are sorely needed in this world and the prayer of St. Francis tells you how to become one:
"Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy."
Kat I admire you because you are one of those rare individuals who understands early in life the place of faith and the interplay between the material and spiritual worlds. My prayer for you is that you nurture and develop this understanding further and influence the world by it. We your family are proud of the person that you are and look forward to many interesting discussions and interactions with you. Learn deeply about your faith and Go live as God intended you to!
We Love you!!!
Uncle Mir 12/24/2105